Pot or container plants for planting in summer can be found here: Douglas fir in a pot.
The wood of the Douglas fir is used in furniture construction and as construction timber. Native to northwest America. Can also be used for individual stands, group planting or afforestation. With falling precipitation in Northern Europe, the forestry use of the relatively drought-resistant Douglas fir in Germany could gain in importance for the forest industry.
The Douglas fir prefers permeable, sandy loam soils, also grows on moderately dry sandy soils, not too dry or waterlogged soils, salt-resistant for coastal locations
- Height: 30 m high
- Crown: conical in youth, flat crown in old age
- Trunk: diameter up to 50cm
- Root: heart root system, intensive fine root system
- Blossom / fruit: cones ovate up to 10-15 cm, cover scales protruding, only green later brown
- Leaves / needles
- Needles 2-3 cm, gray-greenish, when the needle is rubbed, it smells of lemon
Please enter your wishes of origin in the comment field.
|853 01||Northwest German lowlands
|853 02||Northeast German lowlands
|853 03||Middle and East German
Low and hill country
|853 04||West and South German hills and mountains as well
Alps, colline stage
|853 05||West and South German
Hill and mountain country as well
Alps, montane level
|853 06||Southeast German Hill
and mountainous country
Alles gut geklappt gerne wieder
Ware war sehr gut!
Super Qualität alles angewachsen.
Preisabsolut in Ordnung.